Friday, February 24, 2006

Sheryl Crow Has Surgery For Breast Cancer

It has come to my attention that Sheryl was diagnosed with breast cancer and has recently had surgery, minor surgery, but surgery none the less. I am so sad that this has happened to her, not because she is famous but because her self titled CD has touched me and has been with me for years. I have so many memories intertwined with her songs, that I admittedly do feel like I "know" her. I truly hope everything ends up well and she will be fine. ~sigh~ I can't imagine how scary it was to go through this... Official Blurb to follow:

In a statement posted on her website, Crow said she would have to postpone a North American concert tour due to begin in March.

"Approximately one in seven American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and more than two million Americans are living with breast cancer today," Crow said. "I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year."

Crow called the surgery "minimally invasive" and said she would be undergoing radiation treatment as a precaution. She said she benefited from early detection, and urged other women to have themselves checked.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

I'm speechless. I just can't get my brain around why she and Lance broke up NOW.......

2/25/2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I know,isn't it sad...?

Not sure either.

2/25/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

That is so sad. But then it makes me wonder why she and Lance... Never mind. Already covered. But I still wonder.

I wish her well.

2/25/2006 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home