Monday, May 15, 2006

I Got A Ticket, I Got A Ticket, I Got A Ticket, Hey hey hey Hey!

Well I thought it be only fair to post about how I got my first ticket. Ever. Today. About an hour ago. Now ask me if I'm mad? Yeah.... See I have kids. You know those small, short, expensive things that constantly leak? Well I was stupid enough to have 3 of them. I was ALSO stupid enough to put three of em in the back of my car and stupid enough to NOT remind them for the 1,000th time to STOP PLAYING AROUND! STAY IN YOUR SEAT BELT! So do you see where I am going with this? Do you? Yep Mr. Ass-iffer, I mean OFF-icer pulled me over and treated me like I'm the worst mom ever. Now I'm a plain ole white girl but I get prejudice, don't think I don't. Ask me if a young mother of 3 doesn't get looked at differently when she makes the same mistake as a 35, 45 something year old makes?! Oh hell yeah I do. Needless to say I lost my cool once the officer went away and yelled at my kids that they sent Mommy to jail, which produced the tears that mommy dearest wanted. Sound cruel? Well it kind of was. I guess I need tears to let me know they got it. How important it is. That when mommy tells you to do something constantly, it's for a reason damnit. A reason. Well I read a book my daughter made for me (she is 6). It made me sad. It made me very sad. It was titled "The Most Wonderful Mom in the world" She said I was pretty like a model and I was 40 lbs and 13 feet tall. That my friends is a great daughter, one who makes you taller, skinnier, prettier, and all around better mom than you really are. Yes people there will be apologies. Lots of apologies.

13 Comments:

Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Seriously??? First ticket? Ever? I am really good at getting out of them, but every 2 years I am in traffic school. On the dot.

5/15/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I couldn't get out of it and yep, first ticket. :0(

5/15/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

First... you are a great mom! A six year old is smart enough to know that! Well, she's also smart enough to use her skills as a female to get out of trouble, but that's not my focus here ;)

She's precious and you KNOW that book came from the heart. Now you have something to hit them with when they won't shut it and buckle up ;)

And hello to a fellow "Little Rascals" fan! We got a dollar. We got a dollar. We got a dollar hey, hey, hey!

5/15/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're 23, with three kids, and one is 6? And you think the officer was STUPID for pulling you over??? Stick to the gossip. Pay the ticket.

5/15/2006 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Chic Mommy said...

I think that book your daughter wrote is so cute! I love her! Don't worry about the ticket, hon, I've got plenty. I even had to go to court once to avoid getting points on my license. I accidentaly lost my way and didn't realize I was suddenly in a park. I was going 30 mph and limit was 15. I got no mercy from the cop either when I told him I was lost and didn't see the speed limit sign.

5/15/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Awww Vi, it's OK really...you're not an evil Mommy!!!! Go to court and fight it!

5/15/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Don't sweat it, V. Yelling at kids is part of the job description of being a mom. They have to learn that it's not okay to mess with the seat belts. I have told mine I will make them sit in a car seat until they're 16 if they don't leave the seat belts alone.

5/15/2006 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Oh Anon attacking people is so unnecessary.

5/15/2006 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

OMG, Vi! You need to delete that anonymous comment!! You don't need that on YOUR blog! You don't need to let that thought run through your head! Anon is just an A$$ and obviously has low self esteem issues or s/he wouldn't say such terrible things.
You are so strong. You are awesome. And I am so proud to "know" you!

5/15/2006 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

I'm pullin' out my pitch fork outta the hay and lightin' torch and gettin' the villagers riled up to go after "AnonymA$$"! Good grief.

And aren't you 40lbs and 13ft tall??

5/15/2006 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

40 lbs and tall - who does she think you are, teri hatcher? heh.

The title of the post a play on a line from The Little Rascals frm the 1990s, right? "I gotta dollar, I gotta dollar, I gotta dollar, hey, hey, hey, hey!"

I loved that movie.

5/16/2006 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Vi, someone is a complete jackass for ridiculing you. I'm glad anon is so f'ing perfect! :(

I'm so sorry you went through that.

5/18/2006 06:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Vi... what a bummer on the ticket. I would have hollered at my kids too, so don't feel too bad there. Of course, I would feel it necessary to apologize later too.

I got a ticket for speeding in a "school zone" once (35mph in a 25mph). Argh. I was horrified. Not because of the ticket, but because I let my kids bickering distract me from following the road rules. All I wanted to do was get them to school and get rid of their noise. I've always made it a point to obey "school zone" speed limits, but this day... I was seriously stressed.

Needless to say, it won't happen again. Nope. I'll just gag the kids first. *heh*

5/18/2006 07:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home