Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hello again....

So I have been lazy the last few days and haven't posted, why is this so hard for me to do?! Does anyone else get so tired by life that they don't even have the energy to rehash it? Lets see, the last few days have been good. My friend Lena invited my 3 girls over for a Princess Party!! LOL it was sooo cute and my girls (especially Sophie) continue to talk about it and how much fun it was. They dressed up in princess outfits and the whole house was decorated, they had party favors, and cupcakes. While that was going on my husband and I went to go see KING KONG. 'K who knew it would be such a good movie?! Yes there were parts where you could see the obvious CG and a moment or two when you had to suspend belief (lol course it is a movie bout a giant gorilla) but over all it was truly amazing to watch. The scene with the dinosaurs and bugs will scare the hell out of you. The "locals" are pretty freaky as well. I recommend anyone who is into those kinds of movies to go watch it. The big screen makes a difference!!! Then after the movie we went back to Lena's for dinner and had a great time playing trivial pursuit. Lena and I kicked some booty. :0) 'Course I will admit the boys had caught up to us and it was VERY close. It's always nice when I can get my husband out of the house and into society. It's a friggin miracle when I can get him to like it. I am a HUGE book lover and I am still surprised that I fell in love with a man who only reads computer manuals. GOD how did that happen?!!! LOL, hunny if your reading this, you know I LOVEEE you! I had a chance to catch up on my daily dose of gossip today. YES I admit it, I am unfortunately addicted to Hollywood gossip. I love online gossip because they have the best most embarrassing pics. My daily routine usually consists of driving to the nearest drive thru-Starbucks (my kids and I are still in our pj's) and breaking all traffic laws to hurry and get back while I sip my coffee and read the gossip, while simultaneously yelling at the kids to: " Leave me alone, its mommys time darnit!" If anyone cares you can check out thesuperficial.com and socialitelife.com for pics of Ricky Martin and "friend". Apparently they are filming scenes for Brokeback Beach. Also in the gossip news today, for anyone who likes those kinds of pics Toni Collette topples at the beach. Speaking of Toni Collette, she is a really good actress. Muriels Wedding is a favorite movie of mine. By the way you have to go to egotastic.com to see the pics of Toni Collette. :-) On a more personal note I found out about a week ago that my 2 yr old (3 in janurary) has asthma. I knew it was a possibility because my husband had it and my mom has it, but I am so mad at myself for not suspecting it first. I had two pediatricians tell me that she doesn't have asthma, she just holds on to a cough. For two Freakin months?! So this new pediatrician, whom I really like, figured it out in a minute. My daughter has had a cough for 2 months and mornings and nights are the terrible for her and anytime she plays to hard she starts to cough and wheeze. Apparently the fact that she has watery eyes is another sign of asthma as well, this whole time I just assumed her eyes were sensitive. Now I have to give her a steroid in the morning and albuterol (with a nebulizer) every four hours. The doctor said she will be better by MAY. Every time my daughter coughs and I know its because her lungs are irritated and swollen, I want to cry. I hate that its going to take so long for her to get some relief. She's a big girl and by that I mean she's tall and she has above average language and motor skills. But she's still my little baby, the last baby I have. I hate that I can't make it stop instantly, that I didn't figure it out before. I am a very young mom and when my second daughter was born I was 18. Someone came over to our house when my daughter was a week old and that person was sick. I was asleep so I didn't know that at the time. Well a day later my newborn (cece) is sick and has a runny nose. I am ashamed to admit it but I didn't take her to the doctor right away. I truly didn't know that it was a big deal. I assumed that all kids got sick and she would be fine. Well a day later she was coughing and I knew something was wrong so I took her to the doctor. The doctor hooked her up to this machine (forget the name) too see how much oxygen she was taking in. Apparently not much because she was at 71 and they had to rush her to the children's hospital and hook her up to an oxygen tank. Doctor Blanke (the best pediatrician ever!) tolled me that she had RSV. That was something I had never heard of before. She could have died anytime she feel asleep, any time her breathing was under 70 the chances of her going into cardiac arrest were HUGE! Every time I look at her now (she will be 5 in February) I think how close she came to dying and that it was my fault. She was in the hospital for a week and I had to use a nebulizer for close to a year before she was all better but now she is my healthiest child and I know how blessed I am. I thought that I was careful and I always made sure that I took them to the doctor after that. So I am so mad at myself for not catching it earlier. All the natural and normal signs were there to let me know it was asthma and I just ignored it, I didn't take note. UGhhhh!!!! I don't mean to end on a sad or sour note. So I will say this, I know how truly blessed I am to have 3 happy and healthy children. I also understand that asthma is not life threatening (most of the time) and that she will be perfectly fine. I just needed a moment to pity myself. Knowledge is power and I truly believe that but it is so hard to stay right in the middle and not get carried away. As my friend Lena can attest to, too much knowledge and you start to scare yourself into thinking that every small thing is something huge and as I can attest to not enough knowledge and you can threaten the lives of your children without meaning too. So on a lighter note my quote of the day is, " Teenagers so young, so angry. Damn that rap music!". I have always thought that quote is cute. If any of you don't know its from the Dr. Dolittle movies with Eddie Murphy. The Lizard is the funniest part.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

You have NOTHING to be ashamed of! You are an amazing mom. And unfortunately, part of that is to be riddled with guilt every moment of our waking lives. From what I hear, it only gets worse. Just wait until they start dating.

As Maya Angelou said "You did what you knew how to do and when you knew better, you did better."

All we can do is do better as we know better.

12/27/2005 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home