Friday, February 10, 2006

American Idol' Crushes Grammys in Ratings

I love me some American Idol, I already have picked my 4 favorites. Love the guy with the gray hair because I LOVE the blues, that grainy rough bluesy sound. The sweet 16 yr old black girl (don't know names), 22 yr old white girl with brown hair (moms a voice teacher), and um yeah guess that is it. The 16 yr old sang Billy Holliday and make me wanna weep it was so fantastical. BLURBS ARE THE NEW BLACK!

Some humbling news for professional musicians like Madonna and U2: By a wide margin, TV viewers prefer the amateurs.

Nearly twice as many people 28.3 million watched "American Idol" than watched the Grammy Awards 15.1 million when the two music programs went head-to-head in prime time Wednesday, according to Nielsen Media Research.

In large part due to the "American Idol" competition, it was the least-watched Grammy Awards in Nielsen records dating back to the 1970s.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

So that's 43.4 million people who were ignoring their kids. Do I have that right?

2/10/2006 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL, yep.

Pretty much, y is that a "problem"?!

:0)

I don't really like mine anyways, K is 6 she is old enough to take care of herself now. ;0)

2/10/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I love American Idol. Every year I have picked the American Idol from auditions. I love the grey haired guy because he's unique. He won't win, but I like him. My money's on the 16 year old girl. Whatta voice! (I hope I didn't just jinx it all)

2/10/2006 08:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't picked a favorite yet. I usually wait until it's down to like ... 32? Is that the right number. Hmmm, well somewhere around that number of contestants anyhow.

2/11/2006 03:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home