Friday, March 24, 2006

Sharon Stone Goes Gold

Um, yeah not really feeling the gold lipstick.
shar3.3
shar2.5
Okay now it's time for me to get all "womanly" on you folks!
I like Sharon Stone for the simple fact that she IS generally aging gracefully, I can respect that. Sure her movie is going to suck because she is desperately trying hard to hang onto the "sex" image she has sold for so long, whatevah. What I'm talking about is, IT'S NICE TO SEE SOME DAMN LINES ON WOMAN WHO IS 48! I mean come on people, if we are not careful, women are going to end up looking like Joan Rivers by the time their in their late 40's.
Guess what?
People who have lines and faces that aren't "perfect", act better. Period. You have to have movement in your face and the ability to have imperfections, it helps you to portray characters. Some of the best actors and actress's are people that wouldn't be considered beautiful or up to Hollywood standards.

11 Comments:

Blogger Berry said...

Ewww, gold lips?? Was she blowing an oscar?

3/24/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL... She wishes.

3/24/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I've never been a Sharon Stone fan and I agree, that lipstick is awful, but I agree with you -- she is ageing nicely.

3/24/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lipstick is horrid on her. I agree with the aging gracefully thing but I hope to God my eyes do not develop that wrinkly eye lid thing until I am at least 100.

3/24/2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

She has pretty teeth at least :)

3/24/2006 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Your point is well taken. I actually conisdered plastic surgery right after my divorce to remove some of the lines around my eyes, and the big bags under them. But, I eventually concluded that I don't want to remake myself as some other person. I'm me, and i'll be that me till I die. Just compare Sharon to Demi Moore. There isn't an inch of Demi's body that hasn't been sculpted by a surgeon. It's sad, really.

3/24/2006 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

I saw her on 20/20 (uh, I think) and she was great. I haven't always agreed with her fashion choices, but I like her attitude. She said that she discovered there were plenty of parts for women over 40 as long as they wanted to act over 40 and she was ok with that. I think I like her better now then when she was younger.

But gold lipstick? Uh, NO.

3/24/2006 01:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What. Ever. Made. Her. Think. Gold?

*sigh*

I guess celebrities are so spoiled by having everything, that the only way to break the monotony is to attempt new trends ... no matter how horrendous.

The poor dears ... it must be rough.

Yeah, okay ... whatever.

So kewl, she has wrinkles, but did you see how caked on the make up was? Ugh.

Jeesh. I guess I'm being a bit harsh today ... sorry.

3/24/2006 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Yea, she's got a rockin' bod but she seriously scared me with the Victorian-goth getup, gobs of fake hair and gold lip schmear. bad, very bad

3/24/2006 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

ack.

The gold lipstick is disgusting!
Someone should've handed her a tissue right after it was applied.

3/24/2006 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

I get where you're going Vi, but *gold* lipstick?? There's a limit...

3/24/2006 07:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home