Thursday, January 19, 2006

Quickies, You Know You Love Them

In the drive thru of Starbucks I decided to buy my girls a chocolate milk, thinking (stupidly apparently) that they would be happy and appreciative. Yeah, well Starbucks didn't put any whip cream on their drinks so my daughter starts to complain. Um what the ____?! All of a sudden words from the past begin to ram themselves into my brain, example to follow: 1. Thoughts of, "There are children In AFRICA...." 2. "Not everyone is as fortunate...." 3. Last but certainly not least thoughts of walking up hills both ways reverberate through my brain. Um, first off my child is apparntly thankless and doesn't know what appreciation means, quite literally, she's only 4. I'm pretty sure as well that African children prefer food and clean drinking water to my childs Starbucks chocolate milk, and if I did fly all the way over their, some little 4 yr. old would ask me where the whp cream is, and may shout that just because he's poor doesn't mean he can't appreciate whip cream! However I wold just like to end this by saying that I DID walk up a hill just to get to school, and damit that should count for something. Maybe I should make my daughter walk up a hill, maybe then she would thank me for her chocolate milk and the dollar that it cost me. ~sigh~ p.s. The title post has nothing to do with anything, except I love quickies and I know you love them too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sir Christopher said...

I always forget to ask for whip cream and for a punch on my punch card. I think it has something to do with all my brains hanging out of my mouth with my tongue as I try and have a conversation with Nicole at Jacobs Java when I'm in getting a Mocha.

Why do all my comments on your site make me sound like a girlaholic? I'll have to work on that.

1/19/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Oh by the way, that was a funny post and very much you and down to earth. Nothing boring about that :)

1/19/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

Punch card??? What the?

1/19/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Punch card. Everytime you get a drink you get a punch on your card. Once you get to 10 punches you get a free drink.

1/19/2006 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home