Friday, February 10, 2006

The Blues

Thought I would take a moment out of the "superficial" and post something about me. I love the blues, I love what it stands for and the way it can tear you apart. I wrote this for those people that others deem unworthy, unloved. We can all find our "soul" in the blues. THE BLUES I long for the smokey dark tavern Filled with gritty voices of soul Letting the passion flood forth The seeping feelings of pain Inch it's way into your body The soulful voices echoing past dreams & loves Loves that have been shattered The stench of spilled booze And sticky floors As lonely and lost souls Sit silently, alone Each dark corner taken by, A person filled with sorrows Shoulders hunched Fingernails grimy, dirty Cracked lips wetted by silent tears The tavern for the lonely The ones that love has left behind Those broken and dead at heart Expecting no more than nothing Dreams & hopes a forgotten thing A memory no more Just let the music take you away Let the lyrics flow over you Tear open that scab And let the music & blood ooze out Let it drip upon your stained jeans Worn white at the knees Just let it go Let the music take hold. V. S. Mattson

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I love the Blues too - but you have to be in a certain mood - and it's best if there's a little rain falling outside, and maybe a siren wailing in the distance.
Nice poem too - you caught the mood perfectly!!

2/11/2006 01:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vi!

I was here and now I'm gone.
I left this comment to ...

Uh.

Just to say hi. Heh. I like the Blues too.

Hope you're having a grand Saturday. (smile)

2/11/2006 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

I like Eric Clapton singing the blues ( but that is because I like Eric Clapton doing anything lol)
I love BB King too :)


If you want play i have a guess the lie post up :)
( linkage if you get it right lol)

2/11/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Moving poem Vi.

My favorite part:

"Expecting no more than nothing
Dreams & hopes a forgotten thing"

Excellent. Great pace. Um, the scab part DID make me a little light headed. You know how I get. lol

2/11/2006 08:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home