Saturday, February 25, 2006

Do You Have The Run's?!

Don't I have anything better to do at 11:30 p.m than to post old poetry? Nope. Apparently not. See here at The Green Straw I like to post superficial, unimportant, and sometimes funny things, but I occasionally have the desire to post poetry, or something about myself. So bare with me folks, I promise Paris Hilton nipple slips are coming... To start, this first poem is obviously about running. I admit, I'm a runner. I didn't start out that way, in fact I hated it with a passion that burned fiery hot, BUT I had to lose weight and this was the best way to do it (for free and when I had time). So now a year later (maybe a tad bit less) I can now say I enjoy it, sure it's painful but it's euphoric and releases a lot of stress. Running... The pound of my footsteps on the uneven pavement The warm breeze slapping my cheeks Sweat drips from my eyebrows into my eyes And I run faster Listening to my breath coming out in gasps The pain... The pleasure intermingling Joy and euphoria wash over me Like a bird set free Or like a starving man eating I grasp at the freedom Running for it Pounding footsteps becoming louder Heart beating erratically Trying to gasp for breath And feeling the sting of sweat in my eyes My joyful moment Racing for the prize... Capturing it like sand That slips through my fingers Yes, yes I know not everyone will like and/or "get" this poem, but it's not about pleasing everyone, it's about making myself happy damnit! ~grin~ Ahhh.... I have the power baby, ME!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I like it. I really enjoyed it. For a moment I forget that I hate running! :p

But now I've done my cardio for the day! So... thanks! :P

2/26/2006 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this poem, Vi. Absolutely love it.

-G

2/26/2006 12:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*chuckle*

You're sooooo cute! I love it! And yeah, I can relate. 'Cept my chosen method of torture is super-duper fast walking and Pilates. *grin* I always get a horrible side ache when I try to run. I think it's because I have a mild case of Asthma?

So anyway, great poem, Vi! Poetry rocks! Post it anytime you please, and I'll read it. *smile*

I've been comparison shopping for a laptop and now my butt is sore from sitting all day. So, all righty then ... I need to go for a walk now. *heh*

2/26/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks for the support y'all!

~grin~

Not many people like to run, it takes A LOT of work and even now I don't always LIKE it...

:0)

2/26/2006 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Well put. Running is so bittersweet. I love this. Especially the "prize" (a firm ass) slipping through my fingers! Ha!

2/26/2006 11:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home