Friday, March 10, 2006

Is Luther Vandross Gay? You Decide.

Not only could I NOT leave you with that Hasselhof photo, which honestly made me nasuese with the in and out thing, (~gulp~) But, there is some "breaking" news and I will let you guys take it or leave it. This is the latest gossip coming out, and it's about Luther Vandross being gay. I understand he's dead and to some people this may be offensive, if so go look at the Hasselhof. Blurb:

Eight months after his death, singer Luther Vandross' friends are helping him out of the closet.

"He was way 'in,'" recalls comic Bruce Vilanch. "He said to me, 'No one knows I'm in the life.' He had very few sexual contacts."

"A famously open gay singer-songwriter [told me] Luther was dying to have a boyfriend," columnist Michael Musto recalls in Out magazine.

While some Vandross fans may be appalled by the exposea, Michael Roberson, director of gay group People of Color in Crisis, argues, "Clearly, a lot of black gay performers feel they can't come out. Yet it would be important, particularly to black, gay, young people, to see black gay role models."

Meanwhile, long-closeted crooner Johnny Mathis is speaking frankly about his heartache.

"I've been a romantic all my life, but as for having tangible relationships, I've never had that," he tells Britain's Daily Express. "I get a little alone at times."

Mathis says that after word spread that he was gay, he became a target for homophobic bigots.

"I've had a few death threats from the Southern states," he says. "So 20 years ago, I decided to perform without publicizing the concerts with interviews. I'd had enough exposure and was concerned about what came with it."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Gosh, this is so nice of his "friends". The man works his ENTIRE LIFE to stay in the closet and then they out him as soon as he dies. Niiiice.

3/10/2006 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

yeah, i'm with lena.

3/10/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I don't wanna think about it. That's how I live my life. I don't think about things that make me sad or wanna puke. So I'm gonna sit and stare at the Hasselhoff. ;)

3/10/2006 01:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home