Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen-Thirteen Things That Confuse Me...

Oh Hell, it's Thursday already?! Thirteen things that confuse and bewilder me... 1. My lack of cooking skils. I mean is it just me or is it not in fact normal to give yourself food posioning?! 2. Here's a gross one, but oh so true. Why is it so hard for the body to digest corn? Think about it. 3. The fact that you can in fact continue throwing up, even if you have no food left in your stomach. 4. Oh the fact that my three children while lovely at times, can be so freaking ungrateful. I could go on and on about this one. 5. That even though I eat right (well if you don't count the endless runs to McD for fries) drink water (mostly, hey coffee HAS water in it) and yet my hair keeps falling out?!!! WTF! 6. Bad drivers. I don't get how there can be so many IDIOTS on the road. ~sigh~ 7. Oh, women who actually put full on make-up, just to go to the gym and talk on their cell phones. Yeah, your not actually going to lose any weight or gain muscle if all you do, is reapply your lipstick and talk on the phone. GET OUT! Before I wipe my sweat on you. 8. My unhealthy obession and love for Lena. It's not a joke, I think I do need help. We are seperate people, I swear. 9. My husbands need to shoulder all the responsibilty. While I appreciate it, it can be in fact frustrating. I feel for him. Love you honey! 10. People who still wear bubble gum pink lipstick. Guess what y'all? It's NOT the 80's. It didn't look good then and it still doesn't. 11. Oh, here's another one. How in the world do I know when to use then and than? I'm so confused. Explain. 12. Oh spiders and why the feel the need to ALWAYS land on me. Do I have some weird beacon? ~shudder~ 13. Gee, I'm almost done. Hmmm...?... Okay why does my 3 year old STILL call out to me to wipe her butt? When is that going to end? 'Cause I forget if my other two did it. All I know is I'm tired of hearing, "Mommy! Mommy! Wipe my butt! M-oooooo---mmm-Y! Wipe it!"
Other Thursday Thirteens! Check them out! 1. Cheeky Lotus. She's a funny girl that one.. 2. Kdubs She's blogging in bed! 3. Amanda She ran from a fish... 4. Renee she's lazy! 5. Chatty Kathy She loves her some quotes. 6. Moon Jockey He has ideas for things you can do with a mirror... 7. Dawn She has some great memories. 8. One to many kids She's feeling blue, go cheer her up!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

19 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

LOL, thanks moonjockey.

Mormon? I didn't get the joke, I blame it on um, um, me not getting it. ~grin~

3/09/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Chic Mommy said...

I hear ya on everything, especially the wiping butt duty. My 3 year old actually wanted to try to wipe his own butt, but I don't let him because I don't want a potential mess. those potty toppers don't give you much room to stick your hand down there either. I can just imagine it going all over the wall after he inspects what he wiped. Maybe when he's 4, I'll give him a crash course in Buttwiping.

3/09/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

1. I just read in Glamour that hair falling out can be from Berf (birth) control. And some other stuff I can't remember.

2. I suppose corn's protective husk is strong enough to withstand the wiles of the stomach and GI tract! But...that would mean raisins have the same results. Hmmm.

3. Yes. Everyone else on the road IS an idiot.

3/09/2006 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

11. Than is used in comparison (I am prettier than Catherine Zeta-Jones. In my dreams.). Then is used in descriptions of time (I went to Starbucks then I went to work. Late. But my boss didn't notice.).

And I have an unhealthy obession with both you and Lena. Both together and seprately.

3/09/2006 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger LikeSoTotally said...

#8 - I have a best friend like that... even her mom though I was her on the phone the other day!

#10 - don't get it, either

#11 - use "than" when comparing, as in "Her butt is bigger than mine"; use then when talking about time as in "Then, we went shopping"

Love it!

3/09/2006 02:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roflmao!

What I don't get is how the corn is whole, even though you know you chewed it into a paste!

I'm thinking we need to start a Vi and Lena-holics Anonymous group. It's obvious none of us can get enough of either of you!

3/09/2006 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

My mom still wipes my butt, and I'm 33. What's the big deal?

3/09/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Loved your list and could probably add to it. My TT is up!

3/09/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I could have written your 13 this week. I knew there was a reason i liked you...

Although I am not sure I buy that you and LEna are seperate people. I still thinlk she is your alter ego. Or you are hers. Or something.

3/09/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger v said...

Hah! Number 13 was high-larious.

Still laughing.

3/09/2006 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

LOL!! I can still hear my little sister calling out to my mom from the bathroom: "I'm DOOOOO-one! Come WIPE meeeeee!!!!"

So cute. I had lunch with her today and she turned out great, despite the delayed butt-wiping skills. :)

3/09/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to never hear my three year old shout WIPE MY STINKY BUTT! again. If I mention him perhaps doing it himself, he says, "no way, that's disgusting!"

My sentiments exactly, child.

3/09/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger egan said...

Do you chew your corn?

I do not get the chat on the cell phone bit while at the gym. I would much rather get in a good workout THAN gossip with Joe Blow. Once I'm done working out I can THEN use my cell phone to tell Joe Blow about the hottie on the treadmill next to me wearing bubble gum pink lipstick and yoga pants. Est-ce que vous comprenez? Parfait!

3/09/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL at what Tory says - I actually have to make Abby go make in the bathroom sometimes because she WON'T wipe her butt. Oy.

3/10/2006 03:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm a loser for commenting a day late. Sorry.

And I will have to join the Lena/Vi-aholic group.

As for #13 - we made a big production of buying flushable wipes so it wouldn't be so intimidating for her.

3/10/2006 05:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Oh... I'm so glad Jacob can wipe his own butt. I hated seein his corn reappear ;)

3/10/2006 05:54:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

You forgot #14 - "Why my best friend forgot to come by my seite yesterday."

Because I'm a loser - so sorry kitten.

#3 - I'm familiar with this one considering how often we drink together ;). Ack.

#8 - The feeling is mutual. Even if you are cheating on me with this damn blog!

#10 - But, it goes with my blue eye shadow!

#13 - The story of my life.

Love your list. Love you. And I will be the first person here next week!!! You hear me y'all?!

3/10/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shudder*

I was doing just fine, reading and chuckling, when along came a spider and Renee swatted it into her mouth.

Oh ... ewwwww!

So yeah, I'm a day late 'cuz I'm still working on the new laptop.

#4 - My kids are the same way. I often find myself grumbling ... freakin' ungrateful little snot-pickled brats. *heh* Of course, when they give me a hug and tell me they love me, that makes all the grumblings go away.

#6 - I want someone to invent two things for this: (1) A huge boxing glove that pops out of the front bumper, with the push of a button. and (2) A device, whereupon you punch in the license plate number of the idiotic driver, and then your voice will come over a loudspeaker on their dash ... "Pull the f*ck over, moron!" Or whatever else you deem worthy of repeating.

#7 - Yeah, what you said.

#8 - Seperate, perhaps, but equally lovable.

#9 - Awwww!

#11 - Then tells time. Than does not. (*smile*)

#12 - I'm the same way with rocks. I'm a rock magnet. I've never had an auto windshield that hasn't been cracked. Yup, just this year alone, my windshield has been hit four times. I would have to say that I prefer this over spiders, though. (*shudder*) I can't stand them creepy-crawlies.

#13 - Um ... ya just gotta say "no", Vi. ;)

Have a great weekend!

3/10/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Wow hey thats cool

See my illusionic blog

http://niceillusions.blogspot.com

3/13/2006 04:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home