Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Paris Hilton Makes A Girls Wish Come True...

I never thought I would ever type those words. I'm sure you have all heard of the Make A Wish Foundation, well Paris helped a 16 yr old girls wish come true. The difficult thing with bashing a celebrity right after they have done something nice is you have to walk a fine line folks, but don't worry I like it that way. Amber had a "wish" to meet Paris Hilton and look at Paris's closet. That sentence should upset and sicken you as much as it does me. I love that Paris helped a young girl feel better, but when the hell did we get to this?! When did it come to, young girls dreams, being about rich spoiled drug taking whores?! Why is it that when a 14 yr old girl is diagnosed with cancer, in remission for 2 years and her wish becomes that of meeting Paris? I'm sorry folks, but I think that is the true travesty. This is what are kids will grow up with, this is what we embrace as a society and this is why in the end, our society will fail. How much longer can "we" as people encourage this, embrace it, fondle it, and NOT be consumed by it? What will "our" young children be like in their 30's, what kind of values, morals, or principals will they have? Now I'm sure by now you guys are muttering about MY hypocrisy, but guess what folks? I don't take this shit seriously, I do it for fun. Anyone who reads this generally knows that I don't worship celebrities (besides Christian Bale), I just do it to "make" fun of the superficial, of the people that take themselves WAY to serious. After all what's funn-er in life than taking someone down a notch? ~wink~ For those of you that take offense to an unintended insult, I apologize now. I think it's great to help a child in ANY way to feel better about herself and to have a "brighter" outlook, I just think it's a shame that it has to be done with Paris Hilton and her materlisitc life. If you would like to read the full article you can find it HERE.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I wish Paris would make a certain 33-year-old man's dream come true...

3/29/2006 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LMAO...

Does it involve her disappearing? Cause I'm down with that.

3/29/2006 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Whoa! That headline coupled with that image make for ALL KINDS of possible funnies! LOL You're gonna have to help me out with this one, Virenda. What's the connection with the picture? And yes... these are sad, sad times if this is what young girls aspire to. (sigh)

3/29/2006 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL, NOTHING. I just wanted to post that picture.

~grin~

Oh well you know, Chihuahua's and Paris Hilton go together... And little men riding ugly things, go along with the whole Paris theme. Dontcha think?

3/29/2006 04:04:00 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Yeah, why go see the Sistine Chapel when you can visit Paris Hilton's skanky wardrobe?

"...little men riding ugly things..." LOL

3/29/2006 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at the "little men" comment too. Funny, Vi. ;)

I'm putting the blame on the parents for their daughter's wish. How truly sad.

3/30/2006 08:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home