Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Courage? Maybe a little...

It has come to my attention that maybe, just maybe the reason I post so much about celebrities, poetry, and quotes is because I am afraid to open up, to be judged un-worthy. I read this blog called perpetually pregnant and she is amazing and courageous to be so outspoken about her problems. I am so in fear about having my family or friends read this blog, that I can't always bring myself to be honest, to be open. So I am going to give it a shot and open up at least a little, you with me?! I am lazy, procrastinating, perfectionist. Doesn't make sense, you say? Well you would be right, I get so confused with myself, that most often then not I give up before even starting. I have this inner burning desire to make people like me, to make sure that I never offend, because I am afraid that without other peoples approval, I would be empty. It still amazes me how much I love myself, how much respect and caring I have and yet I truly hate myself. I think I am a failure, I need men's approval to think of myself as attractive. That makes no sense to me, how I can have NO self confidence and yet be so assured? Anyone else think I need therapy? I tried it and apparently failed at that too, I couldn't "nurture" my inner-child, or some such crap. Okay so here comes a confession, the reason I started posting any poetry at all was because I wanted to sneak mine in without telling anyone it was mine, so that if it sucked, well no one would know that it was MY sucky poetry. Apparently though I have some courage left in me after all, I will post future poems and will take the credit be it good or bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

You are a stong woman! It amazes me how judgemental I am of other people and the way I think things should be done, yet I will literally not clean my house for a month. Or balance my checkbook. Or read a story to my daughter. Because I'm afraid it won't be good enough. That's what's ironic about women who procrastinate and lack self esteem. It's not that we don't care. It's that we care too much.

1/05/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Now I will have to start checking so I can find your poems and read them. And you know what? It doesn't matter if someone thinks they are clumsy and amateurish, I have read some amateur poems on blogs that were the most amazing, touching bits of writing I've ever seen.

1/05/2006 05:26:00 AM  
Blogger jennie said...

i say, "write for yourself." who cares what other people think. odds are, they'll like it.
this comes from someone who writes and edits for a living.... and loves to blog, too.

1/05/2006 05:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home