Thursday, January 12, 2006

Time of Rest...

Okay so here we are again, and I am about to post another poem that I wrote. Yes, yes I am going to post another boring poem instead of a drunken Tara Reid or a high Nicole Richie. I wrote this poem a year ago and I wrote it mainly because they're a few moments in my life when I feel beautiful, when I look at my body and see the flaws and I am completely happy with myself. They are few and far between but they get me through the rough patches. Time of Rest Needing a rest from my troublesome day I turn to the only place I can escape The place where no one will find me And no one can come in I enter that sweet room The room where my tub lies and I can lock everyone out Twisting those silver knobs I can hear the melodic sound of the gushing water My mind starts to wonder and my eyes begin to drop I can feel the stress start to seep away Into the tub, I place my naked And weary body The water is hot and the steam is billowing up like smoke Resting against the back of the cold porcelain tub I can see my body pinken as the hot water laps over it I then look down at myself And I am amazed at how beautiful I am Most days I loathe my body But when I am tucked away in that closed room It is as if my eyes begin to open And I can see my soft flesh for what it is, Beauty Beauty in the way my hair falls The heaviness weighing on my back The way my breasts, while lying down rest softly upon my chest And the beauty is there I can see it I can see my thighs And the sweetness that lies between And the stress begins to slip away Rubbing my body with fragrant soap of Jasmine and Vanilla I close my eyes and let the world slip away Drifting in time with the scent of Jasmine on my mind And the tender touch of my own skin Peaceful in the knowledge that I am Beautiful p.s. I found this painting/photo on Google Images and it is by an artist called Gary M. Eden. I loved this photo because it showed a "real" woman in all her imprefections. Night...

1 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

No offense, but I like your poems and real posts alot better than drunken tara reid. :)

1/13/2006 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home