Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's Life, That's What All The People Say...

So it has been a while since I have posted anything about me, like what, five minutes? Well all I can say is it has been five minutes to long... Today I hung out with a close friend this morning having coffee and really talking, you know the kind. Where you switch from, "Oh my god those shoes are amazing," to "I'm sorry things aren't working out and you know I love you and will support you...", I LOVE conversations like those, where you walk away feeling better about yourself and about where you are in life. It is those moments when satisfaction is reached, when your goals are attained, when you TRULY realize that life is NOT about material things, problems, bills, worries, it is about love, friendship, up-building one another. I had the best morning just sipping my crack or as I sometimes refer to it, coffee, and talking with a friend. ~sigh~ Contentment reached. After that I drove strait over to Lena's house where I continued to wait for Lena to get beautiful, which OF course, takes only a minute or so. Then we are off to the furniture store trying desperately to find a cocoa brown, super soft, and affordable couch. Do you believe in love at first sight, or maybe love at first feel?! Can I just say that when I found my couch and fondled it's curves and molested it's cushion, well let's just say the couch made me as happy as I made that couch. So I slapped my money down on the table and yelled, "I'll take that there couch!" to which the midget bowed respectfully and handed me my receipt. All in all a wonderful experience. Oh a smaller side note I tried Mimi's for the first time, and for all you people out there that don't know what Mimi's is, it's a restaurant like Carrow's only nicer. My waitress sucked, not just a little but A LOT! She sucked so much that there were indeed times I had to hold my tongue, and stop from taking my plate and smacking her with it. Why is it so hard to find attentive waiters???! UGHH! Okay to round out my night I took my kids to McD which I never do, if I do it's always the drive-thru, no cool mommy, I'll let you play stuff, going on. So my husband & I let the girls play and rushed home to do unspeakable things to our computers, ~sigh~. My computer really knows how to treat a woman. My dinner by the way consisted of a large fry (healthy I know), ice cream cone (gotta have your vitamins) and a coke. :0) Yumm.... Oh and if I didn't mention it, which I'm sure I haven't my grandmother is driving down tomorrow. A flurry of emotions are going on now, mostly I'm hoping she doesn't get in the way of my coffee and blogging. Sound cruel? Well my grandmother scares my husband and she often scares me, she can be a tad judgmental. I better get going to bed, I have to wake up early and CLEAN my entire house and garage and do my laundry before she gets to my house, oh and she will be staying for 5 days...

8 Comments:

Blogger Leilouta said...

You have a lot on your plate for a 22 year old woman.
Are you really 22 years old? :)

2/12/2006 05:08:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

if grandma upsets you.. take a nap on the new sofa! *grin

2/12/2006 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

No, if grandma upsets you..show her the door:)

2/12/2006 06:04:00 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Hoo boy, Good luck with grandma!

2/12/2006 06:16:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks ya'll. :0) Today is going to be filled with cleaning and anxiety.

My new couch is arriving in 3 weeks, and yes I really am 22, but I'll be 23 in a couple of weeks. ;0)

2/12/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi thanks for stopping by my journal... i lived in So. Cal (san fernando valley/ encino & sherman oaks) for 10 yrs.. i sat nearly ON TOP of the Northridge Quake.. as much as i dislike snow.. I'll take it instead of big quakes!! I didn't enjoy being thrown across my bedroom or thinking i was about to die if the roof caved in... heh. some things one never forgets~

2/12/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

virenda, I am 24 and am married and have two children under the age of 5. It is wierd to be so young and have this on your plate, don't you think? At least it is for me, I love your blog!!

2/12/2006 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks My2cents and let me tell you it IS extremely weird being so young and having children. Thanks, I hope you enjoy it and feel free to visit, comment, email, or send a suggestion. ;0)

Oh and I'll be 23 in 3 weeks. ;0) I'm getting SO old, lol....

2/12/2006 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home