Sunday, February 26, 2006

Now A Word From MY Sponsor...

Okay since my husband reads my blog "religiously" he finally made a rebuttal to my Thursday Thirteen. He has some gripes about the fact that he doesn't like to be "publicly" made fun of and I agree, so this is an "I'm sorry honey!!!" post. After reading my TT (Thursday-Thirteen) he made a VERY lovely rebuttal to it. So I had to post it since ~um~, yeah it's FREAKIN' SUNDAY and no one is going to be reading my TT now. So here it goes y'all... Virenda Says: 1. He has NOW come up with idea of getting rid of our "home" phone to replace it with "cell" phones instead. Why you ask? Because it's the "WAVE OF THE FUTURE!!" apparently NO ONE is going to have "home" phones 10 years from now. ~sigh~ Whatevah 2. His "ALLERGY" to cleaning and/or doing anything that requires him to get off his computer/laptop/Xbox... I think he has quite literally done the dishes 5 times in the last Oh, say 4 years. Yep, my husband is LAZY. 3. His ability to tell the same story over and over and over again. (love you sweetie) 4. One of my favorites.... His need to tell me a "story" that should only take 5 minutes, but some how he can drag it out into 30. That my friend is TALENT! 5. My least favorite, the fact that he ALWAYS has to get the newest computer gadget or game console. ~sigh~ He makes sure I know it's not a WANT but a NEED. 6. Let's get a little intimate ya'll... My husband is um "HAPPY" a lot, which means laying down to read a book is usually followed by me slapping his hands away and eventually leading to me yelling at him to "LEAVE ME ALONE", which leads to pouting and then leads to me smiling and finishing my book. Good times, good times. 7. My husband has the need to make fun of any and all people that DARE to cry on t.v. He cares not that your father is in prison, nor that you are poor and this is your 1 shot. Nope, he wants you to "suck" it up and STOP the crying. All that emotion makes him queasy. 8. Shall I mention my husbands love of cheese? I thought so. Okay he HAS to be one of the ONLY people I know that eats so badly he deserves to be on a show. HE will scarf down 4 double doubles (double burgers) and wash it down with a coke. Ask me how much he weighs?? Go on ask!! (170, 5'10) ~sigh~ bastard... 9. My husband can learn something extremely quick but if you dare to rush him, he throws a fit that makes my 3 year old blush. 10. While my husband is admittedly brilliant, he can NOT do two things at once. He will honestly short circuit and you WILL see steam come from his ears and he will start to turn in circles. You would think that I'm lying but I'm not. I ask for two things and he will go around in a circle and I will eventually find him at his "home" (computer) with a rubber ducky and a lost look on his face. 11. My husband has to cuddle. I'm rarely a cuddler, I like my space. I like to stretch across the bed and use 3 pillows, I have no need for a hairy leg or someone that wants to "cuddle". 12. My husband is a paranoid man. He thinks the internet is going to kill me and hackers will hack into our "mainframe" and steal our identity and sell it on the internet. He is for sure this blog will eventually lead to my kidnapping and death. Needless to say he doesn't really like my blog, he views it as the enemy. An enemy to conquer at all times, which means we have more "security" measures than I have shoes. 13. My husband is a lovely man and well, I LOVE him, BUT he can be SO sensitive. I made a comment that Taylor from American Idol was amazing but that I wasn't attracted to him. Wow, you'd think I told my husband to eat dirt and die. He stared at me and said, "That was so tacky." and than went to his office. Apparently he thought I was comparing Taylor to the rest of the AI contestants and imagined me being attracted to the other ones. ~sigh~ He confuses me...

Virenda's Husband Says: 1. Waste of money... If I have a cell.. and She has a cell... and the home phone is just sitting there... why pay for it? If someone needs to get in touch with us... they just call us directly. It just means that there's no more "well... let me try her cell since shes not answering her home phone." Now it's just one number for each of us, and all she has to do is remember to charge the cell phone. :-) 2. Ok.. she's got me. :-( 3 and 4. This reminds me of another story... maybe you've heard it... 5. :-D 6. :-D Well at least I'm making efforts, eh? 7. It really depends on whats happening. If it's a sad news story, I can see getting choked up (depending). But c'mon... if someone is just talking about how all they want to do is to sing, and that if they don't make it on American idol, they just don't know what they will do... JEEEEZ!! Man up! No one cares! ~sigh~ Just get out there, give it yer best... and take no prisoners. Unless you suck. Then just go cry somewhere in private. 8. :-D A little food never hurt anybody. 9. ? 10. I have five words for you... A.D.D. 11. I have hairy legs? 12. Keeping hackers, script-kiddies, spyware, and automated bot-net worms out of our little home network is fairly easy. That's just a matter of configuring firewalls, maintaining flow control policies, and keeping a close watch on system security and authorization logs for abnormal activity. Identity theft is also a big problem on the Internet, but it can be combated by following best practices when shopping online, and using careful consideration of what information we include about ourselves in email, blogs, and other non-encrypted messaging mediums. However, the challenge I have as the protector of my family is making sure they remain safe from predators that can become easily fixated on individuals putting themselves on the Internet for display. Sure.. sure... it's all in good fun, and I encourage my wife's healthy and talented outlet of creativity. But I also don't need some creep taking a look at pictures of my children (or my wife's feet on SPT... haha) and decide they're suited for their next target. So I simply urge caution and forethought about what she posts and the manner in which she interacts with strangers on the Internet. This sound ridiculous to anyone, else? 13. I believe the comments on the male artists preceding Taylor was, "God, I love him!" (which I was completely cool with... because I was saying the same thing)... But the last comment for Taylor was "God, I love him. But not in a sexual way." Uhhhhh.... So my gripe was with her strange need to make some type of left-field distinction between Taylor and the other male contestants. I thought it was tacky. ~sigh~ But hey ... I'm sure I just have to deal with my little insecurities, because I really do just love my little “honey bunches of oats”. :-( BTW... I just LOVE Salma Hayek, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, and Rosanne Bar. But I don't like Rosanne Bar in a sexual way.

9 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Mmmmm.... Yeah... THAT was funny. NOT.


LOL.... Yes, yes he got me there.

2/26/2006 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Reason #522 I am glad that my hubby *does not* read my blog. As he puts it "I don't have to read your blog -- I live it." lol

2/26/2006 06:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww!

Did you catch this part ...?

...my wife's healthy and talented outlet of creativity ...

That was incredibly sweet of him.

Now, as for #1, I totally agree with him. (Sorry, Vi) Also, it will seriously cut down on telemarketing calls. Actually, I NEVER get any sales calls anymore. How cool is that?

#7. *chuckle* I can't really say too much here, because I tend to go either way. Sometimes I roll my eyes and want to say, "suck it up, loser". And then other times, I'll bawl over a freakin' commercial. But hey, I'm a woman, so I can get away with that.

#10. Um ... five words? (A.D.D.) Is that an A.D.D. kind of joke, 'cuz I don't get it. Were you including the periods? *heh* Yeah, try mixing up an A.D.D., two A.D.H.D's, and two OCD'ers in one family. Oh, and throw in a Drama Queen and the absent minded professor. Yeah, that's my life. What fun. Can somebody stop the merry-go-round and let me off?

Yeah, so anyway ... I can so understand that "lost look". I see it around my home often.

#12. Wow! I'm thinking this is related to your #4 Vi. *grin* But seriously, I love a guy that takes his duty to protect his family seriously. I am a strong, independant woman, but ... I LOVE it when my hubby flexes his protective muscles (so to speak). This shows me how important and incredibly special I am to him.

And lastly, I had to chuckle out loud at your hubby's "BTW" He's a witty one, eh?

Tell your hubby that I said thanks for sharing his rebuttal ... it was a fun read.

Have a terrific evening!

2/26/2006 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, btw ...

The carrots. That was clever and hilarious!

2/26/2006 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

My husband wants no part of my blog. None. All he ever cares about in life is: 1) 'How much was that?' 2) 'Can you take that back?' 3) my personal favorite, 'Ugh, if you were just like me our relationship would be perfect!'
I love my anal cheapskate! Really, I do!

2/26/2006 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL @ Summer.

Girl that is my husbands motto as well. Whenever I come home with something the first thing he says is "How Much?!"

~sigh~

My hubby's anal retentive but I do so love him. ~wink~

He doesn't really care that much about the blog unless A. It's about him, or B. It's pics of me, or C. It's about other men.

LOL....

2/26/2006 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Oh how I love Gilbert. But not in a sexual way! ;)

He does have you on a few of these. Although #12 made my eyes glaze over and roll back into my head.

You're perfect for each other. And I am so calling you honey bunches from now on. Can I??

2/26/2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

I'm really glad some else says honey bunches of oats!!

2/27/2006 08:24:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

#1, I like having the home phone, among other things for the kids. I don't want to have to give them each their own cell phone.

I can relate to him with #3 and 4. I tend to repeat myself and say things over and over again.

#11, I'm not much of a cuddler but will if I have to.

#13, forget even mentioning anyone of the opposite gender in my house. She gets all worked up. In 17+ years together I might be able to mention 3 guys (stars) that she likes. Doesn't even want to discuss it, her to me or me to her.

2/27/2006 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home