Friday, January 27, 2006

Sometimes We Just Have To Be Brave

Okay so I posted a few poems before and I finally decided to just screw it and post another one, even though the thought of it feels me with dread. Now please don't misunderstand and think I seriously go searching for people, but I do have these feelings that I have to overcome. This poem is about me not feeling good enough and depending on other people to fill me up, to make me feel worthwhile. The Next High... I feel so low So unintereting So unattractive Unwanted Is that why I need you to love me? I need someone to build me up Because I don't know how Can I ask you sir... How much do you think I am worth? Because in my heart I'm afraid I'm worth nothing I search to find the one thing that makes me different That makes me unique Since I can't find it, can you? I search inside but find nothing but self-loathing I can't seem to see the light Thoughts, doubts, worries Always run through my mind Did you see that sir?! Was it good enough? I'm not sure So if you could tell me I can figure out how much I'm worth today I need everyone to love me So that I can love myself Every person I come across I need their affecation To know that they like me It gives me a high This soaring feeling of self-worth Knowing that today right now I am someone to somebody I am worthwhile and interesting Unique But the feeling crashes And I am on a search for the next fix, The next high Excuse me, sir? Do you like me? Do you love me? Am I pretty? Sir! Please answer me, I need to know How worthwhile do you think I am? Ohhh okay, thank you And that feeling That soothing feeling of acceptance Slides over me filling each corner with light Warm light But it is a high that is never satisfied I am never full I can never get enough And so I move on Searching for the next person The next high... V.S.Mattson

7 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Beautiful. It's funny - the older we get, the more we realize how alike we all are. All searching for acceptance.

I hope you know you're loved. I really do. Not only by myself, your family, your extended family, but by someone muuuuch more important.;)

1/27/2006 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thank you Lena, I do realize it, I just have to keep "pushing" back the bad thoughts. Thanks

That someone who is much more important is the only reason why I am as healthy as I am, the only reason my children are emotionally stable and the reason that my life is good.

1/27/2006 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

isn't it odd how some people think of theirself as better then others and yet some never feel worthy?
and some go thru all their life feeling "not good enough"...

1/29/2006 05:34:00 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Virenda,

I may seem ultra confident to you, but I'm exactly the same on the inside...just as insecure, and just as needing of approval.

You have a beautiful soul.

1/29/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thank you... I appreciate the support and I am trying to be better and in a lot of ways I am. What can i say I'm a work in progress. :0)

1/29/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Virenda - I know that we have never met in person. But I feel a connection to you that I wouldn't ever be able to explain. I can only start to describe it by the way your internal and external beauty radiates and that I'm able to absorb it somehow. You tease me sometimes about always having my mind on girls. I say that with you I feel open and able to communicate, even about girls, where with others and at other places I don't feel I have a freedom to communicate. Because of you I feel that freedom. Don't keep "pushing" back the bad thoughts. Let them out and let them go, forever.

1/30/2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

:0) Thanks Tige.

I'm glad that you feel "free" and open enough with me to talk about your love of other women. Brings a tear to my eye.

~sigh~

LOL, okay all joking aside, thank you very much. Not only for reading my "crap" but for coming back and getting more. ;0)

1/30/2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home