Tuesday, January 31, 2006

SPT- The World Goes On

So I was racking my brain today, to come up with an SPT that would be both creative-ish and still tell a story, of course no one would understand my picture if they didn't have my narrative. I decided to post a few photos, a couple of myself wearing my grandfather's hat and one of a photo of my nonnie (g-g-ma), my g-ma, and my mother with the hat resting atop. My step-grandfather, the only grandfather I have ever really known, died January 2, 2003, I remember the exact date not only because I loved him but because my daughter was born 4 days later. I remember when my poppa (g-g-pa) died; I was eleven. My greatest sorrow than was that my children would never know such a great man. I am just happy that my children at least had a few years with my grandfather, their poppa. My grandfather owned a chicken & egg company, which of course means my grandma can make chicken till the end of the world and still not have copied the same dish, well besides the chicken part that is. I just wanted to post something about what a great man he was. No matter how old I was he always sat down and talked to me, about life, going to college, and staying strong no matter the circumstances. I never fully appreciated him, until the last 2 years before he died. I would like to mention that he died of lung cancer after living 5 years past his "due" date, only later dying of complications from the chemotherapy. I loved him, and think about him to this very minute, every time I see chicken, or think of college, or talk to my youngest daughter. I can't help but thank him for helping to keep alive a little piece of me, through all the rough times. I love you grandpa, and I'll see you soon. P.s. I know I look a mess, but it's 11 p.m., I had gone to the gym earlier, and I'm tired ya'll.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

I think this is a great self portrait. :) And great story.

2/01/2006 06:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

It is a great post and I love the picture (even at 11pm after going to the gym). I'm glad the subliminal message didn't work because this is much better. More real I suppose. (If that makes sense.)

2/01/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thank you trouble, I feel good about this self-portrait. I love my g-pa so talking about him makes me happy

Renee I love oma and opa that is cute. Nonnie and papa is italian.

Tige their is no way on earth I would ever show my ass on the internet. LOL, I work out but my butt isn't up to par. I think it is more real, after all their is no make-up, I'm sweaty and my body is squashed with all that lycra.

2/01/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

Hey pretty girl, lovely post. I love the part where you said your grandpa kept a little piece of you alive. In school I had a psych course once and part of it was about children. I learned that psych studies show that children only need ONE adult to show that they care and it has the power to undo the bad adult examples in their life. Amazing.

2/01/2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home