Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ever Heard That One About The River???

Having my grandmother here visiting has once again pushed me back into being a child. How is that possible considering I am the mother of three? ~sigh~ Yes I know what you Dr.Phil people will say and I'm sure it is very normal, doesn't mean I have to like it though. What do you do with a person that lives happily with denial? I often just roll my eyes and sigh inwardly, because no matter how many times my mother does the same thing, my grandmother acts like things have changed. Would you readers care for an example? Okay my mom is recently married, for the 11th time. Yes dear readers my almost 40 yr old mother has been married 10 previous times and if you are saying to yourself that is not possible nor legal than well, you'd be half right. My mom is infact married to a man with the same name as her last boy-friend who she somehow managed NOT to marry, yeah big sigh of relief there. That is until she phones me one day to say she IS married, yep and apparently married for a month. Anyways, my point is, my grandmother acts like this one will last, that my mother is happier now than she ever has been. Yeah, whatever... My mom is always happy at the begining before she drives the man insane and she becomes bored, so I'm simply waiting it out. Back to my orginal question though, how do you talk to someone that lives in denial? Answer: You don't. Just nod your head and wave, boys!!!! P.s. Seeing as how my husband didn't get the title and while my friend Lena would say don't make everything so obvious, I'm going to explain the title. Cliche', "Da-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt..."

7 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

How frustrating. Here's a (hug).
:o)

2/13/2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thankfully my mother swore she'd never marry again. That didn't stop a string of disasterous boyfriends from flowing through the house.
I swore up and down and sideways I'd never do that to My kids, lol.
I guess experience is a good thing.

2/13/2006 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Yeah as long as you learn from it ;0)

Which thankfully I have, and thanks Lena.

2/13/2006 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Your mom is almost 40? Ok, I feel old. I'll have to stop flirting now.

2/13/2006 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

my mom will be 40 in June... :0)

2/13/2006 02:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today. You are hilarious. Please write a book!

I know effed up families are not laughing matters..not trying to be insensitive. However, coming from one myself makes me realize that joking is sometimes the only way to deal.

2/13/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Isn't that the truth Layla, I really only CAN make jokes about my family and the way I feel, ~sigh~


Oh you are so SWEET! :0)

2/13/2006 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home