Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Am I Weird or Is It Just Me?

Okay what happens when a woman reads poetry and THAN listens to Fiona Apple? Apparently this...

Just FYI, if you are easily offended or do not care for "dark" poetry than I wouldn't continue reading this post. See the thing is, I often feel different, NOT one of the crowd. There is something dark, tainted because of how I grew up, so no matter how much I live in the light now, I still remember the dark. I wrote this poem and I'll try not to over analyze or "tell" you what it means, because I feel that people should be able to take away what they want from poetry, books. This post isn't about the obvious and that's all I'm gonna say. (Side note, I tried to figure out how to spell Feanning? Whatever I couldn't figure it out. Like I'm feaning for something...)

Do I Scare You?

As I stand above you towering and strong I can smell your fear, I can smell your desire Do you know who I am? Do you care? Are you scared to look further, do I entice you? Does my scent arouse you? Is that me you are feaning for?

When I sit upon my throne and I dangle my leg, does it excite you? As I open my eyes and stare into your soul, do you sense me, can you taste me? When I allow you to come near, do your knees weaken, does your voice work? I let my desire spill forth, my anger and fury, my sexiness and passion Don't leave before the show starts, don't leave before I finish

When I open my arms, full of emotion and fire Will you touch it? Will you want it?

I will burn you down and laugh at your ashes I will turn my nose up and spit upon your body Let him burn I bellow, I scream and I shout Let him burn for his passion, let him be consumed, let HIM be weak

I don't need you.

I don't need you.

I don't need you.

But can you say the same?

6 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Deep, deep, deep tonight. You did have yourself a little Fiona Fiesta. I really like her music. For some reason it makes me feel a little on the naughty but, I-am-a-bitch side. I think I like to feel like that once and a while.

3/02/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

OOO cool poem! I love me some Fiona.

3/02/2006 06:30:00 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

p.s. where did the picture come from? it would match perfectly in my bedroom.

3/02/2006 06:31:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Um, Trouble that picture I found on Google, I'm not sure where you could go to buy it.

I wrote that last night, I read a poem over at Trouble's site (dubiouswonder.blogpsot.com) and it was this bitchy, sexy, dominating poem and it wasn't about sex, merely about how she can control men through it. Anyways, I had that in my mind and 5 minutes to spare.

I just made sure that I posted it, even if it makes me feel awkward.

Thanks again guys for the support.

3/02/2006 07:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you are so wicked.

*snicker*

That was intense, Vi ... and I mean that in a good way. Poetry is a great way to release inner thoughts or ideas. Poet's are not weird; we are unique and interesting. *grin* Yeah, um ... I can relate.

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Um, I linked to ya in my TT's before I looked to see if you had any up. I'll just leave the link ... in case you post some later.

3/02/2006 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

The best way to not be hurt is to do the hurting. The best way to not be needy is to be needed.

Love it Vi. You vixen ;)

3/02/2006 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home