Thursday, June 15, 2006

Jay-Z Bans Cristal

Jay-Z has decided to not only STOP drinking Cristal but to also stop serving it. Why you ask. Apparently the makers of Cristal do not enjoy the hip-hop lifestyle or the image it gives to Cristal. Jay-Z said: "It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'hip-hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention'. I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life." Frederic Rouzaud (Cristal ) responded: "I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business." Damn Freddie someone must not have told you that the hip-hop community is rather large and have rather large amounts of money they wish to spend on what the used to consider the best. I know Dom Perignon would be DELIGHTED to have the millions of revenue. Just wait till Puff Daddy stops bathing in it.

6 Comments:

Blogger 0000 said...

Who was ever surprised the French were snobs?

Truth be told, I barely knew what Crystal was until I heard about it in countless rap songs.

Dom is too dry for me.

6/15/2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Gee who wouldn't want to be affiliated with singers who shoot each other in nightclubs and on the street?

6/15/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Oh not all rappers are like that... Will Smith is rapper-ish and he likes him some Cristal. He also doesn't shoot people. Although if he did his wife in you wouldn't hear me complaining.

6/15/2006 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL true Vi very true!

6/15/2006 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Pope-rah said...

I'm sure they'll both be on Oprah in a month with a public apology. Money is money. I don't like Cristal or JayZ but this shit offends me. I hope Cristal goes bankrupt.

6/15/2006 02:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh give me an effing break!! i am so sick of crap like this from celebs!!!

6/15/2006 05:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home