Friday, February 17, 2006

Excuse Me, Can You Repeat That Again?!

Things said this week by my grandmother... G-- "That one's not to bright is she (referring to C her grandchild)?, no offense or anything but she is definitely NOT the smartest of the three." What I was thinking..."Um, she is seriously ill!!! Does that not mean anything to you??!! G-- "Ohhhh, just shut up. You know she is just doing it because she is jealous. (again referring to C, an hour after she had the shot.) What I was thinking..."You are cold hearted." G--" You know C is the prettiest of the three, you're going to have to watch out for that one." What I as thinking..."Yeah well some people don't just like kids that look white. My other two are beautiful and even if it was true what kind of grandmother compares and then says it out loud in front of the kids?!" G--"You should hire a maid your house is a mess. I don't know how your husband can stand it." What I was thinking.."Yeah I WISH I could hire a maid too, oh and don't worry I make up for the whole dirty laundry thing. ;0) G--"Oh god I hate shopping at Mervyn's all those Mexicans are ruining it." To which I replied, "Um your granddaughters are half Mexican and I shop here. Am I ruining it for you?!" And that pretty much was my week. ~sigh~ Unfortunately my Grandma is the type of woman that is nice-ish to your face and the minute your back is turned than she has absolutely NOTHING nice to say, EVER! She has no patience or sympathy. She actually said that C needed to be quiet and the shot wasn't that bad, after all she had to get one before. Need I point out that my daughter has a swollen tonsil and SEVER ear infection and she's 4 and you are 68, not the same thing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Sounds like my mother-in-law. I hope you're not hanging out with this woman often. (Oh - just realized that next month I'll be spending an entire week with my mother-in-law.)

You could do a Thursday Thirteen of things you'd like to say to her.

BTW, I'm so glad to hear that your little one is recovering. :)

2/17/2006 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks Amanda and no I don't really hang out with her that much, maybe 2-3 times a year. She is definitely getting worse as she gets older.

That's a great idea lol and I'll probably end up doing that.

Thanks, I'm glad she is getting better too.
Now if only I can get her to take her medicine without her freaking out. ~sigh~

2/17/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

funny, sad, but funny

2/17/2006 11:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh! What horrid things for your grandmother to say to you (and your children). Sounds to me like she's just bitter and jealous. Obviously your happiness serves to remind her of how unfulfilling her own life has been. Eh, just a guess.

Jeesh. I feel for ya. I just recently let loose on my mother-in-law, after biting my tongue for nearly 3 years. The result: she's no longer speaking to me. Heh. I should have spoke my mind to her sooner.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you don't have to put up with your grandma's verbal nastiness very often.

2/18/2006 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home