Monday, March 06, 2006

Because Jon Stewart Rocks!

Jon Stewart is funny and that is the end of it. Enjoy some Oscar quotes from my lovely, witty, gray haired man, Jon Stewart! "I have to say it is a little shocking to see all these big names here, these huge stars. The Oscars is really I guess the one night of the year when you can see all your favorite stars without having to donate any money to the Democratic Party. And it's exciting for the stars as well because it's the first time many of you have ever voted for a winner." Oscar host Jon Stewart during the opening monologue." "I do have some sad news to report. Bjork couldn't be here tonight. She was trying on her Oscar dress and Dick Cheney shot her." "Then he gave Hollywood both barrels. "I'm from New York and I've been here a week and a half. A lot of people say this town is too liberal. Out of touch with mainstream America. A modern day beachfront Sodom and Gomorrah. A black hole where innocence is obliterated. An endless orgy of sexual gratification and greed. I don't really have a joke here...and I just thought you should know a lot of people are saying that."
~grin~ That's witt my friend, that's witt.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I loved this - he was hysterical.
George Clooney is such a hottie too.
Whew.
And my favorite dress was Uma Thurman's - she looked divine.

3/06/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

He is so damn funny! And he loves his wife. Awwww.

3/07/2006 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

I laughed the entire oscars. I was mad because it seemed like the entire Academy had a large stick up their ass and wouldn't laugh.

3/07/2006 05:53:00 AM  
Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Man I love him. LOVE him. When I was in labor with my last baby, all his DVD's from the Daily SHow were my labor tool. It helped... Have you read his book? America: The Book? If you haven't, you have to. He is awesome. He is what i blogged about today too!

3/07/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

HAH! That guy's funny as hell.

3/07/2006 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

Uggh, Wifey and I were going to watch some of this but we missed it. Damn LOST dvd's!! :)

3/07/2006 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

I loved that he poked fun and everybody (politicians, stars, folks). :)

3/07/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, he did a pretty damn good job at the Oscars.

3/07/2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Can I stop laughing about the Bjork comment? EVER?

3/07/2006 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger v said...

Jon Stew is HIGH-larious. They should have him host everything ... I'd watch.

3/07/2006 07:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Lena. The Bjork comment had me in stitches.

Yup, Jon's a funny guy.

3/07/2006 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Jon is awesome! My favorite Oscar ceremony in a long time!

"Martin Scorsese zero Oscars - Three 6 Mafia, one!" HA!

3/08/2006 06:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home