Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen-A Little Something Different

This Thursday I decided to introduce myself of sorts and do Thirteen Things To Know About Virenda. Sure, sure it's NOT going to be as fun as say, bashing my husband, or talking about aliens but at least you can say you got to know the "real" me or at least pieces of me (Go Jewel!). 1. I'm NOT trying to brag y'all but I quite literally go through 2-3 books in a day, unless I'm busy, than it's one. Books are a BIG part of my life. 2. Speaking of BIG parts of my life (stop it potty minds) I joke around about not cooking but it's true. I make 4 meals that are good, the rest? Well let's just say it usually comes with it's own menu and plastic spoon. 3. My love of coffee. Yes it's true I'm addicted and you know what? I'm okay with that. 4. I have been married for 7 years, have 3 girls (6,5,3), and yes I am only 23 (March 8th) 5. My best friend is Lena (Cheeky Lotus) and she is the reason I started this blog and she is also the reason my house never gets cleaned, my husband complains about clean clothes or lack there of, and why I'm addicted to coffee. So it's all her fault. 6. I may complain about celebrities here on my site (sometimes myself) but I LOVE people, no not in a weird way! I truly love people and other people's pain feels like my own. I would gladly help anybody in need and feel good even, if it means I have to cook. 7. Oh here's a nice one. My mom just remarried. Yep, she's 38 he's 59, oh and this is her 13th marriage. Nice, I think. 8. Here's an honest, un-funny bit of trivia. I feel like everyday that I'm NOT out and doing something new, I am wasting my life and every minute that ticks by takes an eternity. I honestly feel that one day I will be hit by a bus and my life will be over, having experienced nothing. I feel often times useless and like a waste of potential (I hate that word). 9. I always wanted to be an actress or a writer. Hey, I have the whole crappy family, childhood syndrome thing, down pat. Oh and if I must start a drinkng problem, I'm okay with that. 10. People generally intimidate me, unless of course I know you. So suffice to say I'm actually pretty reserved and shy. Don't bring me out of my shell, 'cause than I'll NEVER go back in. 11. I have three boobs. LOL. Kidding, but you know you were excited there for a minute. ~wink~ Okay here's one, my name is VIRENDA and yes my mom is insane. Apparently it's a male indian name. Yeah... Nice. 12. I lived in Vegas for 7 years and I LOVED it. It was the only place I ever really had the chance to call home. I moved around A LOT as a child. Quite literally every few weeks or if I was lucky we could stay a year, maybe... 13. Time to end on a happy note. My favorite color is Pink, Green, and Black. I LOVE me some Chinese food and I can pee really fast. No really. I can. Like super, duper, duperly fast. I'm fast like lightening. (Always wash your hands when attempting to try this.)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Lena. Miss You! 2. Renee, She Dominates The World 3. Stacy. She burns and she likes it! (me too..) 4. Hook. 5. Lazy Daisy, She's far to sweet... 6. Sherri 7. Trouble, She's so honest it puts me to shame 8. Amanda, She Kills Plants & Than Laughs! 9. Dawn, YOU HAVE to read her TT, LOOK at the pic too! 10. Moon Jockey,because I have a need for testosterone
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

22 Comments:

Blogger Jess Riley said...

I'm so glad I recently "met" you and Lena! :) You are two cool cats.

Hey, if I forget, happy early birthday!!!

3/02/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-Ha! I found your TT's and that last bit left me chuckling. Gimme a minute here and I'll respond ...

#1 - That's totally awesome. I used to be that way when I was younger (translation: more free time on my hands). Nowadays, when I do pick up a book, my entire family groans because I will not put it down until I'm done, which normally takes about 4-6 hours (depending on the pages). Yeah, that means they actually have to take care of themselves for a day.

#2 - I DETEST cooking! What sucks though, is that I'm really good at it. Just the same, I'd rather pick up the menu and plastic spoon too.

#3 - Yeah, me too. As a matter-of-fact ... I need a refill.

#4 - ... yet, very wise for your age.

#5 - Hmmm, can I borrow Lena as a bf for awhile? I need an excuse for not cleaning or doing laundry. Do you think she'd mind? *heh* (smiles sweetly and waves to Lena)

#6 - If someone reads your blog and cannot figure out that you are a warm, generous, and loving person ... well, than they're not worth your time. So, you just go ahead and complain all you want ... you have no fear from me asking you to cook. *grin*

#7 - Number 13? Wow.

#8 - Admirable, but really ... that's a heck of a lot of pressure to put on yourself. I'd say, too, that being a mom qualifies you for a valiant bus death. ;) So strike that worry from your plate, will ya?

#9 - *chuckle* @ "I'm okay with that"

#10 - Awww.

#11 - Yeah, well ... it's unique and that's pretty cool.

#12 - Hmmm. Yeah, me too on the traveling thing. According to my mother, we lived in 33 States by the time I was nine. Kinda made it hard to maintain friendships.

#13 - You're so silly. I like Black too ... and blue and purple. Hmmm, maybe that has something to do with my inner desire to ground-pound mean people. *heh* Oh, and yeah ... wanna go out for some Chinese? I think I'll do the Beef w/Broccoli today. Yum.

Love ya, Vi!

Have a terrific Thursday!

P.S. I am word verification challenged today. *sigh* I will now attempt, (for the third time), to enter the correct pattern of letters.

3/02/2006 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger LikeSoTotally said...

Wow, Virenda! I loved that one! It's nice to know with whom I'm exchanging witty banter...

3/02/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Loved you list even though it did make me snort and blow coffee through my nose ( I'll know next time not to drink coffee while reading your list!) My TT are up but rather boring comparatively speaking!

3/02/2006 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

I just can't get over the fact that you're only 23 with 3 kids and a 7 years of marriage and also that your mom is 38.
Wow!!

3/02/2006 09:42:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

wow.. i sure hope you don't pay money for all those books!! Libraries are free lol...

3/02/2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Another grown up with a favorite color of pink...now I don't feel so alone...lol!

...my list is up!

3/02/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

#1 - Do you really? Are you counting Curious George? ;)

#2 - This reminds me - I need to give you that slow cooker recipe where all the ingredients come out of cans. It rocks!

#3 - Yeah, this is how I woo you away from the computer.

#4 - I already know what I'm getting you. ;)

#5 - You're my BFF too sunshine.

#6 - It's true. I have never met anyone more friendly. It's annoying. ;)

#10 - Would it helped if I stopped hitting you?

#11 - I love your name.

#12 - I think you're home now.

3/02/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

that's maybe one of my favorite posts of yours, and i'm already a BIG (still with the not-quite-a-stalker reassurancing*)fan.

thanks for being real. we need that in this corner of bloggerland. i was actually just thinking about all that last night. hmm. i feel inspiration for another post...

*yeah, go ahead and steal that "word". :P

3/02/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Chic Mommy said...

I'm with hook, you and Lena should definitely write a book together. You both are such amazing writers and such nice people it would be a bestseller. I still can't get over that you are so young! You sound much wiser than your years. Oh and Virenda is a beautiful name, actually the Indian male version of your name is Virendra and means Lord of the Heroes, but Indian men with this name usually go by "Viren". The feminine version of the name is Virendri and means Goddess of Beauty. Virenda still sounds nice though, it's very unique and pretty name.

3/02/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks Chic Mommy. My mom just choose it and it wasn't tell a year ago that I googled it and found a few Indian male names. Virendri sounds beautiful.

I LOVE the "meaning" of it. Here in the states my name means nothing,nor does anyone know of it.

Virenda, almost virendra. ;0)

I go by Vi, cause it's easier to remember. I wonder how it would sound Viren?

3/02/2006 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Virenda - # 13 almost made me pee!

3/02/2006 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Nice T13 list! I was wondering when you were going to join the fun!

My Thursday 13 is up.

Denise

3/02/2006 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

After reading through your list I feel inadequate and boring! What a really excit..able..ing..person you are.

Thanks for visiting my TT :)

3/02/2006 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Are you really 23?
So accomplished are you for such a youngun!

3/02/2006 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I just came across your list and loved it!

3/02/2006 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL.

Actually NO! I'm 22 but in 6 days I'll be 23.

Accomplished? No, not really. Just stable.

3/02/2006 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

It was so nice of your mother to get married 13 times just in time for this weeks Thursday 13, that is really considerate of her.
;)

3/02/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious about being married 13 times? That makes me tired just thinking about it.

Great TT, by the way!

3/02/2006 09:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 I have to ask because I am a MAJOR bookaholic.. how in the world do you read 2-3 per day?? Did you take the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course? Please share!

3/02/2006 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Actually I have never taken a speed reading course, although I'm sure it could help.

I tend to go to used book stores and the library since I go through them so fast.

My key to fast reading? Um ignoring my kids and ALL household chores, that usually helps.

I read mysteries and books like that, so we are talking you know 350-1100 pages in a book. Anything over 700 will take me of course longer, duh!


I read fast because I grew up reading as a way to escape the fact that my life sucked. My mom did a lot of drugs so she was paranoid and I wasn't allowed out of the house (for a period of time in my pre-teens 11-12) so I read like crazy. I would read ANYTHING, anything. Harlequin romance was cheap at the store so my mom would allow me to buy tons of those. They were a quarter each and I would get 10 dollars worth every week or so. Needles to say for about 2 years I had A LARGE collection. ~wink~


Sorry I rambled. Reading is a passion for many reasons. :0)

3/02/2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about your childhood - that rots. :( You are awesome though! I think you should be a writer.

Happy Early Birthday! My daughter turns 7 tomorrow. I like the March birthdays - means warmer weather is coming! :)

3/03/2006 03:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home