Monday, February 13, 2006

Is It Time Already?!

I don't post enough about my children, actually I'm pretty sure I don't EVER post about them. I guess after a full day of taking care of my 3 girls I'm pretty mentally tired and wish to never mention them again and/or do anything that requires me to move my butt an inch away from my computer chair. To start I would just like you all to know that I have three girls my oldest is 6 (we will call her K) and my middle one is 5 (well she will be 5 in 8 days, we will call her C), and my youngest is 3 (I tend to call her Brat, but S will do just fine.). I'm a stay-at-home mom which means my days usually include dragging my whining kids around town doing errands. The thing I hate most about errands is the human contact, which mostly consists of staring at me and my girls. I understand that 3 children is a lot and you may feel the need to take a peek, after all what kind of person is insane enough to have 3 kids??! Also the major factor is how young I look and am. I'm like the side freak show in the circus. I'm NOT trying to be harsh, it really is the truth. No matter where I go I become the center of attention, all eyes are on me and my herd of sheep. I get so tired of it, I wish to blend in so badly. I live in suburbia where conformity is the chosen method of living, only I don't really fit. I know one day people will stop asking me how old I am, and maybe even one day I won't have to stare into another persons aghast face. Until then I try to grin and bear it, and when that doesn't work I simply bring out the 40 oz beer and start chugging.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

What pretty girls!!!
I think it's probably a compliment that people stare at you and your lovely ladies - although I admit, I don't like to be stared at either (who does?)

2/14/2006 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

wow, they all are pretty!.. you will and do have your hands full I'm sure!!

I don't want to depress you... but trust me you will wake up one morning.. and you won't be young anymore.. and it will seem like yesterday that you wrote this.. enjoy the attention!!

2/14/2006 06:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...conformity is the chosen method of living ...

(chuckle) Yeah, okay ... if suburbia expects me to conform ... they can kiss my you-know-what. I am sooooo with you on the 40 ouncer, 'cept mine is a six pack.

(more chuckles) You're trying to blend in ...? You??? Stop it! (grin) Like that's possible ... puh-lease! Your light shines way too bright for that to ever happen. This is why they can't stop staring. It's like what happens to someones eyes after a camera flash ... you've dazzled them. Yup, you're just that special, Vi ... best to get used to it. (grin)

And good golly! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! Is that K to the far right? She has a pair of mighty inquisitive eyes there. Betcha nothing escapes her unnoticed?

2/14/2006 08:08:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

I love this post Vi. Part of your appeal is your self conscious analysis. I know that you know that you're an amazing person who has made incredible steps to make your choices good ones. And we both know that the reason you and I don't "fit in" here is because we're too good for everyone!! ;)

I have this pic of the girls up in S's playroom. Its my favorite!

2/14/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

SAM: LOL, oh I have some stories of women and how rude they are too me, because I'm a young mom. I'd like to think it's a compliment as well, but that would be wishful thinking..

:)

D Man: OH I'm SOOO not lookng forward to the teenage years, it's going to be terrible.

Deslily: I know one day I'm going to "miss" people telling me how young I am, I only wish now, that I wouldn't be stared at while I'm picking up milk at the store and my 3 yr old is yelling, lol.

Stacy: Anyone tell you, that you are FAR to sweet?! I will buy you a 6 pack if you will by me a rum n coke :0)

wow can you see my light through the internet?! :0)

2/14/2006 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Thanks Lena, I know that I'm a "good" person, just wish that people would stop judging me... Just because I'm beautiful. LOL

I'm kidding folks, just trying to lighten the mood.

I concur Lena...

2/14/2006 09:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry people stare at me and give me the attitude also. When I go to my son's school (who is 5) to have a meeting the teacher has this stunned look on her face because i look so young. Yes, I am 24 and I had him when I was 19. Get the hell over it people. It makes me crazy like they are doing the math in their head. Also, I always get the question about their father, am I still with him? Uhm, yes. Hang in there someday we will look older and then our kids will be out of the house.

2/14/2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Oh My2cents you just reminded me of the "math" look that comes over most people. My daughter is in 1st grade and I always get that look when I go to her school. :0)

Yeah I'll hang in there, one day lol one day...

2/14/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I don't look like the "nanny" but I do get the "baby-sitter" question or "are they all yours?"



Oh and My2cents, my daughters look pretty different so I get the great question of weather or not they have the same father...~sigh~ & then they ask if we are still together. I guess I'm just thankful that I can answer yes to both questions. (7yrs. in April)

2/14/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

No matter how many times I hear you talk about this (and I've witnessed it first hand) I cannot for the life of me understand why people think it is ANY of their damn business??

2/14/2006 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home