Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dana Reeves Died Monday Night...

I am so very sad to report that 44 year old Dana Reeves widow to Christopher Reeves, passed away late Monday night due to complications from her disease, lung cancer. She is survived by her 13 year old son Will, and her two grown step-children Matthew and Alexandra. ~sigh~ I am so very dishearten. After reading THIS article, we find that she thought she was doing well and "seemed" perfectly fine. I myself would just like to comment on how inspirational and lovely her and her husband were, I held out hope till the very end that Christopher would find a way to help himself and millions around the world. I respect in such a large way, people who CHOOSE not to just give up but instead search for a way to help people while they have the chance. Please read the article to get further details. Read

9 Comments:

Blogger 0000 said...

I got sad when I heard that...how come it seems like the most beautiful people are the ones taken from this earth?

With parents like that, Will should be prepared for a very bright future, indeed.

3/07/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm depressed today because of this sad news. I feel especially bad for their son! Has anyone read who will be taking care of him??

3/07/2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

They were awesome and I'm pretty sure that his brother and sister would take care of him. He has two older half-siblings.

3/07/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

I've been hearing about this all day (part of the reason I haven't been online - you know how I get about this).

I am so saddened by their little boy's loss. I only hope he can make it his life's purpose to help others in his parents' name.

I'm so glad you posted this. I was afraid you'd skip it.

3/07/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

The article link isn't working. Where was it?

3/07/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

fixed! Thanks for letting me know Lena and it was yahoo.

3/07/2006 06:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this on the radio this morning. On the one hand, I sympathize with the son's loss (as well as the older children), and my prayers will go out to them as well. I can't help but think, however, that Chris and Dana are together again ... and that thought brings a smile.

3/07/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Stacy said above, I pictured Chris and Dana together again too... just like Somewhere In Time. Did anyone see that movie??

3/07/2006 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Their poor f'ing kid.

3/07/2006 09:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home